Fort Bend County, located just miles from downtown Houston, Texas is an area experiencing rapid growth, but this does not mean the area is straying far from its roots. If you explore the area, you will quickly see why Fort Bend County offers the perfect balance between past, present AND future.
Areas of Fort Bend County
For many, the draw of Fort Bend County is the short drive to Houston. However, there are a number of cities within the county itself—each with unique housing options and other benefits. Some of the cities include:
- Arcola – The eastern-most city in the county, this city offers a small-town appeal without straying too far from Houston.
- Beasley – What was once a railroad depot, this small town in the western part of Fort Bend county is conveniently located on highway 59.
- Sugar Land – This city was named the “Best Place in the Southwest to Live” by CNN/Money Magazine in 2006. That distinction is reason enough to check out the real estate in this growing town.
- Stafford – On the other end of the spectrum is the city of Stafford. This town was honored by Fortune magazine as being one of the best to launch a business.
- Katy – is a historical town with a modern twist. Katy home buyers love the variety of real estate available today.
Education and Employers
In addition to top-notch public schools, there are several options for higher education within the county too. According to the Fort Bend County website, there are two campuses for the University of Houston as well as a community college, junior college and tech school. Large employers in the county include the school systems, government offices, hospitals and major corporations such as Texas Instruments and UPS. Availability of jobs without leaving the county adds to the appeal of the county.
Quality of Life
One of the biggest draws of eastern Texas is the low cost of living, compared to many other areas of the country. Family-friendly living and a healthy housing market also add to the quality of life. Add in an active Chamber of Commerce, parks department and excellent criminal justice system and you have a city that is appealing to residents new and old.
So, Why Fort Bend?
If you are not convinced already, why not reach out to us at Katy Homes and let us show you a few more reasons what makes Fort Bend an appealing place to call home. Give us a call or contact us online today and we will be glad to discuss Katy real estate or any of the other exciting benefits of Fort Bend County.